Here are 10 days worth of savory breakfast ideas that are high in protein, whole grains, and healthy fats, and are plant-based:
- Tofu scramble with spinach and avocado toast: Saute diced tofu with onion, garlic, and turmeric. Serve with sauteed spinach and whole grain toast topped with sliced avocado.
- Chickpea omelette with roasted vegetables: Blend chickpea flour with water, salt, and nutritional yeast to make a batter. Cook like an omelette and fill with roasted vegetables like bell peppers, zucchini, and onions.
- Tempeh bacon and whole grain waffles: Make whole grain waffles from scratch or use a mix. Serve with pan-fried tempeh bacon and a drizzle of pure maple syrup.
- Lentil and vegetable hash: Saute diced onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms with cooked lentils. Serve with whole grain toast and sliced avocado.
- Sweet potato and black bean breakfast burrito: Roast diced sweet potato in the oven and mix with black beans, diced tomatoes, and avocado. Serve in a whole grain tortilla with salsa and hot sauce.
- Tofu and vegetable stir-fry with brown rice: Saute tofu, broccoli, and red bell pepper with garlic and ginger. Serve over brown rice with a drizzle of soy sauce.
- Quinoa and vegetable frittata: Mix cooked quinoa with sauteed kale, diced tomatoes, and garlic. Bake in the oven like a frittata until set.
- Whole grain breakfast bowl: Mix cooked quinoa, brown rice, or barley with roasted vegetables, tofu or tempeh, and sliced avocado. Top with a drizzle of tahini dressing.
- Avocado and white bean toast: Mash white beans with garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. Spread on whole grain toast and top with sliced avocado, cherry tomatoes, and microgreens.
- Smoky tempeh and mushroom breakfast sandwich: Pan-fry sliced tempeh and mushrooms with smoked paprika and garlic powder. Serve on a whole grain English muffin with vegan mayo and lettuce.
Remember, a balanced breakfast should include protein, whole grains, healthy fats, and plenty of fiber to keep you satisfied and energized throughout the morning.
Feel free to experiment with different flavor combinations and ingredients to find what works best for you.